Friday, June 6, 2008

Hello...2008, the story thus far

Hi blogreader,

I thought i'd take the time out to share a little bit about whats been going on for myself so far in 2008.

So i've taken the gamble and travelled back to Vancouver after a great year in 2007; gamble as i only had a 1 month animation contract as a draw card.

I want to continue to grow as an artist, and as a person, and i thought the best way was to keep throwing myself at challenges and risks.

If you think there is something you would like to see on my blog, or things you could suggest about my art, please comment and construct!

A challenge that i have set for myself is to learn more about colour and painting. There seems to be a recent influx of great colour and painterly work that has just blown me away. And i've been listening to some very inspiring youtube tutorials by digital painters Bobby Chiu and Joe Bluhm.

I recomend for any artist to watch or atleast listen to this particular video by Bobby (aprx. 40min!) He talks about finding and rekindling that passion for art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQAeo1gYRyw

Hope we continue to inspire each other friend!

-May Wa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog...

i have some Blog template.. use that template for your blog... Enjoy (i am not spammer)

Thank you...

Amy said...

Wow, I have to watch more of Bobby's videos, that's great.

There was a time when I'd look at other people online who did amazing art and just feel utterly broken - I could NEVER be that good and all they reminded me was how much I sucked.
But that's as counter-productive as you can get and I finally wised up.
These people didn't get to be so good by wallowing in self-pity. They kept going, kept drawing and every day, every week.. they got a little better.
omg group art hug! *huuugs*